Thursday, January 10, 2008

Beer for Breakfast

I’m wondering what to eat for breakfast this morning. Most Americans eat cereal, milk, bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, orange juice, yogurt, or some combination thereof, for breakfast. But what do people in the rest of the world eat for breakfast? Is it similar, or is it a completely different paradigm? I’ve only traveled to Canada, Spain, and Mexico, so my education is sadly lacking. A lot of my hasher friends have seen much of the world, so could you please educate me?

3 comments:

RTBW said...

I typically don't eat breakfast - if I do it's probably a glass of orange juice or a pop tart.

Gaslight ;-) said...

I've really only been to Central America where the breakfast foods are pretty similar, to that in TX, anyway. Eggs, potatos, tortillas, you know.
Of course, that could only be true near hotels where they know Americans are staying.

Unknown said...

In Norway they eat smorgasbord which has lots of cheese, bread fish, veggies.

In Beijing we ate Congee- which is a rice porridge, pickled tofu, cottage cheese and fruit.
Annie Thrax